Effective patent foramen ovale (PFO) closure is made easier with the Amplatzer™ Talisman™ PFO Occluder.1 For patients who have experienced a PFO-associated stroke, clinical trials have shown that they can benefit from PFO closure.2–4 This minimally invasive procedure significantly
SWITCH TO THE REFERRAL VIEW For more information specific to neurology regarding PFO closure
THE PIONEER IN PFO CLOSURE1
As the device that created the category, the Amplatzer™ Talisman™ PFO Occluder has sustained leadership over decades of use by pursuing clinical evidence to become the first device supported by positive PFO trial results.2
Today, it is the most studied device of its kind, with over 180,000 patients treated worldwide.1 And our clinical evidence is unmatched, thanks to the largest ever trial for PFO closure, boasting 5,810 patient-years of data.2
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
ABOUT THE AMPLATZER™ TALISMAN™ PFO OCCLUDER
With the Amplatzer™ Talisman™ PFO Occluder, the device you know and trust just got better. It is built on the proven Amplatzer™ PFO closure technology and the Amplatzer™ Trevisio™ Delivery System, with key enhancements to make it our most advanced and easy-to-use PFO closure device yet:
- The occluder comes assembled and ready to use, simplifying preparation and enhancing ease of use
- We re-engineered the 30 mm size with a smaller left atrial disc to better avoid interference with surrounding structures
THE PFO OCCLUDER TRUSTED BY THOUSANDS OF PHYSICIANS AROUND THE WORLD1
WE SET THE STANDARD
- Pioneered treatment with a PFO-specific device
- Available in over 80 countries around the world
WE RAISE THE BAR
- With the landmark RESPECT trial,2 we had the most extensive patient follow-up, almost 2x more than other PFO trials
- RESPECT was also the only trial to include patients on anticoagulation therapy, a real-world cross-section of patients
WE DEMONSTRATE EXCELLENCE
- ZERO device erosions, thrombus, or embolization events in 6 published trials with 990 patients
- 94.2% effective closure rate at 6 months
HOW TO IMPLANT THE AMPLATZER™
TALISMAN™ PFO OCCLUDER
Watch the Amplatzer™ Talisman™ PFO Occluder implant procedure video.
Echo course PFO
PFO closure animated procedure
Patent Foramen Ovale Patient Management
PFO Patients Management: European position & Network. Dr. Sacco
- Data on file at Abbott.
- Saver JL, Carroll JD, Thaler DE, et al. Long-term outcomes of patent foramen ovale closure or medical therapy after stroke. N Engl J Med. 2017;377(11):1022–1032. doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1610057.
- Søndergaard L, Kasner SE, Rhodes JF, et al. Patent foramen ovale closure or antiplatelet therapy for cryptogenic stroke. N Engl J Med. 2017;377(11):1033–1042. doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1707404.
- Mas J-L, Derumeaux G, Guillon B, et al. Patent foramen ovale closure or anticoagulation vs. antiplatelets after stroke. N Engl J Med. 2017;377(11):1011–1021 and supplementary appendix. doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1705915.
- Messé SR, Gronseth GS, Kent DM, et al. Practice advisory update summary: patent foramen ovale and secondary stroke prevention: Report of the Guideline Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology. 2020;94(20):876–885. doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0000000000009443.